LCS Athletics Quick Facts
We’ve already established Lakeside’s excellent academics and biblical foundation. You may want to know about some of our extracurricular activities. Here are ten quick facts about LCS athletics:
- Lakeside’s varsity football team has made the FCAPPS state championship game four out of the last eight years.
- Lakeside offers 24 sports teams for elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Lakeside currently has six graduates playing college athletics.
- 64% of students participate in Lakeside Athletics.
- There are six former Lakeside basketball players that have scored over 1,000 points during their high school careers at Lakeside.
- From 1979 – 1985, the Lakeside boys soccer team won the Suncoast Christian Conference State Championship.
- Since 2008, two Lakeside Football players have been awarded the FCAPPS league MVP.
- In the last eight years, Lakeside has added six elementary sports teams: four middle school sports teams, and four varsity sports teams.
- Next school year (2016-2017), Lakeside will add elementary soccer, baseball, flag football, volleyball, and basketball for kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade students.
- Lakeside is a part of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and the Florida Christian Association of Private and Parochial School (FCAPPS).
Lakeside Christian School has a talented and caring coaching staff that builds healthy relationships with the students while encouraging them to do their best, always for God’s glory. If your child enjoys athletics, consider booking a tour with LCS today and find out more about their athletic program!
Special thanks to our Athletic Director, James Coffman, for the information!